With this project, Fundatia Bucurestii Noi aims to offer an alternative to the empty afternoons of many children who, once the school is over for summer, spend the whole summer watching tv, playing with their computer or wandering in the streets, due to their families' economic difficulties. Fundatia Bucurestii Noi organizes in July and August a summer camp for children and kids between 6 and 16 years. The activities are carried out during the day, from the morning till the evening and the children are given lunch and a snack. The aim is to teach children and kids culture and life values through the entertainment. Through formal and informal educational activities children get to know nature and learn something about pioneering, first aid and game team. They also learn values such as friendship, knowledge and acceptance of the "other and different" and respect. The summer camp is open to all the children that want to take part in it, without distinction of family status, religion or anything else.
- Main financier:
- Gruppo Passo dopo Passo
- Other financiers:
- Parohia Bucureștii Noi, Grupul Scout Pisa 5, Gruppo Amici di Fundația Bucureștii Noi
- July and August, the project has been active for ca. 6 years
- 40 children and kids
- Other beneficiaries:
- the volunteers. Usually, international volunteers take part in the activities, with the role of animators
- team games, attention training games, lap games, orienteering competitions
- summer homework with the volunteers
- services (each team, following some turns, will: set the tables for lunch, wash the dishes, clean the garden and the common room, carry out the animation, write the "logbook")
- manual and recreational activities
- Every year 40 children / kids are given the chance to live a formative and instructive experience, a good alternative to the television or the street. The majority comes from hard situations and their families go through heavy financial problems. However, children coming from well-off families attend the summer camp as well.
- Every year 40 children are granted a complete and balanced lunch, every day for 2 months.
- Every year 40 children and 20 international volunteers get the chance to meet and know new cultures and share ideas and opinions.
Location: Bucharest, at fondation location.